Push Notifications – What Is It?
Want to get Free Push Notification Service, then The Push Hub is here for you. In the world of information technology, only a small part of all inventions is used. But most things are being developed just to make life easier for us. This is one of these improvements and we will discuss this article. This is a push notification. What are they and where they can be used? Push notifications – what is it? iPhone, Android, multifunctional phones – where are they configured and how to turn them on / off?
Meet – Push notifications
What is this? In this way, short notifications are triggered which appear on the sensor technology screens (tablets, phones) and report important updates and events. If necessary, they can be used as a simple form of a dialogue between the seller and the buyer, who determined their broad application in the field of marketing.
So, if we consider the option with the application, the main task here is to inform about updates, new content (or just a reminder that it has not been used for a long time). How to create push notifications for applications? To do this, it is necessary to use the application programming interface that exists for a specific phone (in fact for the operating system being used).
The reason for the emergence of this technology has become the desire of specialists to support the circle of users of their development. Setting up push notifications is not complicated. At the end of the article, there is information about the functions of their activation/disconnection in various operating systems.
Where can you use this technology? Let’s think about statistics that can be proud of push notifications. What they will give us, we will consider later. And so:
● First of all (41%), they are used to notify about the release of new applications or updates to existing ones.
● Then (24%) there is a message about special offers.
● To inform about new content that appeared in the program, it is used in 14% of cases.
● Least targeted (12%) are used to send advertisements and/or referring references.
● The remaining 9% falls on other types of information.
If you do not receive push notifications from those on which you sign, but nothing has changed in the settings, it does not mean that nothing will be at all. Perhaps the problem was simply a communication error. If you are a programmer, then something is wrong in the applications themselves.
A new marketing channel
Before considering how to interact with this technology, from the user’s perspective, let me spend some more time and talk about the concept of Push Notification in marketing. When using this kind of development, you need to monitor carefully, and not exceed the thin line that separates collaboration from obsession. If these lines are read by a marketing specialist or a person receiving relevant education, remember that in this way you should provide valuable information that will be displayed positively during subsequent interactions.
Push notifications must contain current and relevant content. For example, in an application that is aimed at children, the advertising of coffee will be very spot, which in turn may lead to a loss of popularity.
Example of use
The popularity is based on the use of such technology, brief information about the activities of friends. Taking this into account, you can remember about “Twitter”, which informs users about changes in your friends’ profiles.
Some companies use GPS. Specify where their customers are located, and if they have a sales outlet nearby, they send a notification. The timeliness of receiving messages is important. The implementation consists of the fact that Push-Notification does not require access to the Internet, because often all necessary information is stored in the application itself (usually).
Functions of use
So, if you have decided to use push notifications as part of your marketing plan, it is not superfluous to ensure that they meet the following conditions:
● The content should be appropriate and appropriate.
● You should be able to refuse to send a message.
● It is desirable to link to social networks so that users have the opportunity to discuss.
● It’s good to choose a quantitative policy – nobody wants to receive 20 notifications a day.
Now you can go to activate such technology. To facilitate understanding, the order of operations will be divided depending on the operating system installed on the mobile device. How to configure push notifications?
It is the most popular operating system that has gained its status through free distribution and continuous improvement. How do you enable/disable push notifications? To disconnect, you must perform a series of actions in the following order:
● Go to phone settings.
● Go to your account and then – for notifications, and you’ll already see information about the push.
● Choose the desired settings, receive restrictions – generally do everything as you want.
But what if there is a desire to enable/disable push notifications for everyone, but only for one application? In this case, it also provides its own algorithm:
● Go to settings.
● Navigate to an item, such as Notifications.
● All installed in the touch phone application will be displayed and you should select the object by clicking on it.
● Turn off or on the function of receiving messages from this program.
● As you can see, while doing these activities there is nothing complicated, and not only in the “Android” operating system. Push notifications are turned on and off with the same ease on other devices.
iPhone and iPad
How can I enable push notifications here? iPhone and iPad are not fundamentally different here. In this case, operations with this technology will be considered in accordance with the previous rule. To disable or enable messages received from specific programs, perform the following sequence of actions:
● Go to the main screen of the device and find a button resembling a double circle in which there is a prototype of the road that deflects in two directions at a 90-degree angle.
● Find the “Notifications” button and then – the application that interests you.
● Near “Allow notifications,” you’ll see a button in the slider. To enable/disable notifications, click on it. If it is white, it means that receiving messages is currently prohibited. If the button is green, you already receive notifications from this program.
And how to turn off such messages at all? To do this, follow these steps:
● Go to settings.
● Go to your account.
● Go to notifications.
● Go to the Push section.
● Carry out the adjustment at will.
Here’s how to enable push notifications on your iPhone. Considering that their settings do not change very much, there are no problems with changing settings in different versions.
It should be noted that in this case, you should work with Push Notifications are only available on some models, and this feature is not widely used here. But if you own a piece of equipment, we suggest you familiarize yourself with how to turn on / off the phone as well. Note that the path may vary depending on the model, so if you can not find the necessary instructions because of the instructions in the article, look elsewhere:
On the home screen, press Menu.
Select “Settings” and search for “Push notifications”. You can put them in a separate submenu or in “Phone settings or connection”.
You adopt this technology to your taste.
We checked if this is a push notification why they are needed. Finally, we recall the aforementioned moments. Push notifications are quite valuable from the point of view of marketing, and with proper use, they can bring significant benefits to the company and make life easier for consumers. But in everything, it is necessary to adhere to the golden mean.
Push notifications are also valuable because if some applications do not require constant distribution of information on their behalf, they can be used for advertising purposes, giving other programmers or companies (companies) the opportunity to inform users about new events. However, it is important to take into account the thematic nature of the information provided in this case.