AMD Radeon VII is a 7nm Gaming GPU with 16GB Memory
AMD has announced the world’s first 7nm graphics card. This new Radeon VII GPU is built on 2nd gen ‘Vega’ architecture. It has got 16GB memory, 1TB/s memory bandwidth and up to 29 percent higher gaming performance compared to its predecessor.
The key features of this processor are –
- Exceptional capabilities: The Radeon VII graphics card is built upon 7nm process technology, delivering higher gaming performance than the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics card. Equipped with 60 compute units/3840 stream processors running at up to 1.8GHz and 16GB of ultra-fast HBM2 memory (second-generation High-Bandwidth Memory), the Radeon VII graphics card enables high-performance gaming and ultra-high quality visuals. Ground-breaking 1 TB/s memory bandwidth and a 4,096-bit memory interface paves the way for ultra-high resolution textures, hyper-realistic settings, and life-like characters.
- Enabling real-time 3D and compute applications: The Radeon VII graphics card delivers the performance required for demanding 3D rendering and video editing applications, and next-generation compute workloads. It provides up to 27 percent higher performance in the popular open source 3D creation application Blender, up to 27 percent higher performance in the professional video editing, color correction and visual effects application DaVinci Resolve 15, and up to 62 percent higher performance in the OpenCL LuxMark compute benchmark compared to the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics card.
- Extreme gaming performance: The AMD Radeon VII graphics card delivers exceptional performance in DirectX 12- and Vulkan-based games, including up to 35 percent higher performance in Battlefield V, and up to 42 percent higher performance in Strange Brigade, compared to the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics card. It also delivers up to 25 percent higher performance in the widely popular esports title, Fortnite.
- Smooth gaming with Radeon FreeSync: With the high speeds of today’s graphics cards, framerates often exceed the monitor refresh rate, causing stuttering and tearing. With AMD Radeon FreeSync technology, the popular, standards-based adaptive sync technology supported by more than 550 gaming monitors, gamers can experience smooth gameplay at every level. In addition, AMD Radeon FreeSync2 HDR technology offers more than 2X better brightness and color volume compared to sRGB.
- Unparalleled experiences with AMD Radeon software: AMD Radeon Software features Day-0 game driver support and up-to-the-minute game optimizations for performance enhancements. Gamers can effortlessly capture, stream and share their memorable moments and clutch victories with Radeon ReLive; monitor performance and PC system info, and socialize with the AMD Link application; and fine-tune a range of settings to fit their needs with RadeonWattMan technology.
Also, when you purchase an eligible AMD Radeon VII graphics card or Radeon VII powered PC, you will get the highly anticipated Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for free!
The AMD Radeon VII graphics card will be available from February 7, 2019, for $699.
Read all the CES news by clicking here.