Microsoft today released its new Windows 10 build 17751 to the fast ring. It has been over a week since Microsoft released an update. Maybe they are busy with IFA 2018, where they announce October 2018 update.
Today’s update features several bug fixes. However, there will no new features now. This is because the current build will be the initial stage of the bug fixing in Redstone 5 builds.
Windows 10 Build 17751 – General fixes
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed:
- the issue where logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC would cause the PC to bugcheck (GSOD).
- a recent issue where color and wallpaper settings weren’t correctly applied after a system upgrade when migration was done in offline mode.
- where, when installing a font for a single user (rather than installing as admin “for all users”), the install would fail with an unexpected error saying that the file was not a valid font file.
- an issue where explorer.exe would crash if you were in Tablet Mode and opened Task View while in portrait orientation.
- where you might unexpectedly get an error saying no supported app is installed, after clicking certain activities in Timeline, even though a supported app was installed.
and many others.
Windows 10 Build 17751 – Known Issues
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- Clicking on web links in PWAs such as Twitter doesn’t open the browser in this build. We’re working on a fix.
This new update can be the initial bug-fix stage build since the watermark is not present. So, you can expect RTM build in September.
Please Note, this update is only for Fast Ring Insiders.\