Windows 10 build 17738 is finally out for Fast Ring
Microsoft today released the new build for Windows 10 – 17738 for Fast ring Insiders. Please note that this build is a preview version of RS5 builds. That is the Windows 10 Redstone 5 builds, that will be released between the time period of September-November this year.
What’s new in Windows 10 build 17738
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
These are fixed in the current build:
- an issue where on Windows 10 in S Mode, launching Office in the Store might fail to launch with an error about a .dll not being designed to run on Windows.
- downloading a big file in Microsoft Edge would stop at the 4gb mark.
- clicking the “more” button in Microsoft Edge’s inline definition pop up when reading in recent flights would open a blank page.
and much more!
- Your PC will bugcheck (GSOD) when deleting a local folder that is synced to OneDrive.
- When you upgrade to this build you’ll find that the taskbar flyouts (network, volume, etc) no longer have an acrylic background.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset for the first time on this build with motion controllers. The controllers may need to be repaired a second time before appearing in the headset.
- We’re investigating an issue where IMEs are not able to type East Asian characters into certain text fields when using Microsoft Edge. Thanks to everyone who reported this.
Source: Windows Central