What is FTP Software and its uses?
It is a useful skill that you know that how to use the FTP client (FTP software) as a website or blog owner. You can use an FTP client for uploading files, images, and other content to your web space as compared to the use of WYSIWYG software. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, a protocol that is used for transferring files.
Use Of FTP Software:
FTP client or FTP software is used to copy files, uploading and downloading from one computer to another computer with the internet. Your FTP client software connects with another computer that is connected with the internet by using the username, file hostname and password when you have to download, upload files and content for your website or blog.
CloudMounter is the best FTP solution for MAC because It connects finder or windows explorer to connect your server and it works for the MAC with the FTP, SFTP, FTPS and many more and it also provide the cloud storage so my suggestion is, CloudMounter is best for your MAC.
How To Use FTP Client:
First, you will need the following details to sign in your FTP account via an FTP program.
- Server (Host)
- Remote Directory
When you signed up for your hosting account emailed sent to your address that have FTP login details but if you don’t receive any email or you don’t have any email then you can view the FTP login settings and also change the FTP password for this following steps are given below.
- First, you have to log in your account manager at https://www.domainname.com/myaccount
- Click on the domain name and manage it
- You can see your FTP hostname, FTP username and remote directory under the service details
- For a change the FTP password you have to click the change password that is next to the FTP/control panel
- Regular files uploaded to the public_html directory
- Change the name of your homepage as index.html and upload it to the public_html directory.
- In the cgi-bin directory, all the cgi scripts should be uploaded.
- Confirm that your FTP program is must be set to FTP, not set as SFTP.
- Permission Denied in FTP program: This error comes because you are not uploading to the correct location.
- Connection refused: This error comes because you are not log in correctly or your account is not yet set up.
How To Upload Files To FTP Server on MAC:
- First you have to click the blue face shaped icon in MAC.
- This will confirm you that the GO menu item is present at the top of your screen.
- Otherwise you can also click the MAC’s desktop
After this click on the GO button and drop down menu is opened and click on the “connect to server” that is present at the bottom of the drop down menu.
- Now you have to enter the address of server, FTP server to which you want to connect normally it is entered in the format of ftp://ftp.server.com.
- There is an option if you want to add a server as a favorite server to your MAC’s favorite folder then click on the + icon that is present at the right side of your server address.
- Now click on the next button it is present at the bottom right side of your window.
- If the FTP server requires username and password you have to enter your username and password for the FTP server otherwise you can login as a guest.
- Now after completing all the process open your FTP server.
- Upload files to the FTP server But remember this only works for the server for which you have permission.
- First, find and select the file you want to upload
- Now click your file and press Ctrl + c
- Open the FTP server window
- Now press the Ctrl + v to paste your file