WhatsApp for iOS now plays Instagram and Facebook video in-app
WhatsApp beta for iOS now supports playing Instagram and Facebook videos directly inside the app. Probably one of the best cross-product support to arrive since Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp.
The latest update for WhatsApp beta, version 2.18.51 includes many usability and UI reworks as well as improvements. The update is rolling out to iOS users currently, and we expect these features to roll out to Windows and ANdroid users soon.
The full changelog reads (via WABeta.info):
- WhatsApp has improved the design of the registration section.
When an European user tries to register an account on WhatsApp, he declares he is at least 16 years old with this update.
- When you want to clean a chat, only the Delete Message option will be shown if no starred messages are found in the chat.
- Many improvements for the voice recording feature.
- Small improvements for the Analog Clock Sticker.
- Small improvements to backup your chat history.
- Small improvements to invite your friends to join WhatsApp.
- Small improvements for voice and video calls.
- You can now dismiss other administrators in groups where you are the admin.
It’s not possible to dismiss the group creator.
- You can enable now Privacy Settings for the group, choosing who can edit group info like subject, description and icon.
- Small improvements to manage the Group Icon.
- Improvements for the Siri extension.
- The possibility to see YouTube videos directly in WhatsApp is a feature very appreciated, and WhatsApp is currently working to improve the Picture in Picture functionality, to allow the support for many other services.
The first services are Instagram and Facebook: you are able now to see Instagram/Facebook videos directly in WhatsApp!
The update is rolling out to WhatsApp Messenger Beta users currently. If you’re a beta tester you can try out the new features right away.