Xiaomi Mi 6X, also being called the Mi A2, will likely be unveiled in China on April 25. Xiaomi has already put out invites on its Weibo account about the launch of a smartphone on April 25, and the event will take place in Beijing. The Mi 6X has also been spotted on China’s TENAA, which is the authority for certifying devices, smartphones in the country. Image of Mi 6X were leaked via the TENAA listing, which showcased a design language very similar to the previous Mi 5X. Xiaomi had launched the Mi 5X as Mi A1 in India, and it was an Android One smartphone with pure Android OS. This was Xiaomi’s first phone to launch in India without the MIUI.
- 5.99-inch display
- 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ resolution
- 18:9 aspect ratio
- 4GB RAM + 32GB storage, 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, and 6GB RAM + 128GB storage
- 2910mAh capacity battery
- Physical dimensions – 158.88 x 75.54 x 7.3mm
- Vertically placed dual camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core chipset clocked at 2.0 GHz
- 12MP Sony IMX486 primary sensor coupled with an f/1.8 aperture and a secondary 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor paired with the same f/1.8 aperture
- Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9 out of the box
Xiaomi had debuted the Mi A1 in India last year with a price tag of Rs.14,999. There is a good chance that the base variant of the Mi A2 with 4GB RAM and 32GB of onboard storage could be launched with the same price tag at launch. If Xiaomi decides to bring the 6GB RAM variant of the smartphone to our shores, it could be priced at or around Rs.17,999.
References to the Mi A2 were recently found in the source code of the Xiaomi India website by Twitter user @IshanAgarwal24, hinting at the possibility of the smartphone making its way to the Indian market very soon. If Xiaomi does officially announce the Mi 6X on April 25, we can expect the Mi A2 to be made official in India sometime next month.
Xiaomi has also started sending invites to the users which does not mention anything about the device though the leaks are being seen as an indication the phone will be unveiled at the event.