Xiaomi at its launch show today finally announced the sale of Redmi 5 in India. Xiaomi launched Redmi 5 in China back in December and now has started selling it in India through online stores.
The Redmi 5 is aimed at budget smartphone section, comes with 5.7 inch LCD display, 2/3/4 GB RAM, and 16/32/64 GM internal memory all powered by Snapdragon 450. It’s body has dual pyrolytic graphite sheets for better thermal performance and reinforced corners to prevent screen damage.
Here’s the full specification:
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat with MIUI 9
- Display: 5.7-inch HD+ (720 x 1440) LCD | 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- RAM: 2/3/4 GB
- Storage: 16/32/64 GB; expandable up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 12 MP with LED flash| f/2.2 aperture | PDAF | 1.25μm pixel size
- Front Camera: 5 MP with soft-light flash | Beautify 3.0
- Battery: 3300 mAh
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 72.8 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 157 grams
The all-new #Redmi5 is priced at –
2GB+16GB – ₹7,999
3GB+32GB – ₹8,999
4GB+64GB – ₹10,999
It'll be available exclusively on https://t.co/cwYEXeds6Y & @amazonIN starting from March 20th.
RT with #CompactPowerhouse & stand a chance to win 1. pic.twitter.com/MZnch6shqd
— Redmi India (@RedmiIndia) March 14, 2018
It will be available in three colors, Rose Gold, Gold, Black, and Lake Blue. Redmi 5 will go on sale for ₹7,999 for 2GB RAM and 16GB storage, while 3GB+32GB will cost you ₹8,999 and 4GB+64GB – ₹10,999. It even comes with a high-quality ultra-slim case for free.
The device will go on sale online exclusively at Amazon.in and Mi.com, and offline at Mi Home stores. The first sale starts at 12 PM IST on March 20 at Amazon.in, and thereafter weekly.