Microsoft has released a new update for Windows Camera for Windows Insiders on release preview ring. The update doesn’t provide an official changelog but still includes noticeable differences.
The update version 2017.1223.10.0, as noted by Aggiornamenti Lumia includes following changes:
- Fluent Design Support: Camera settings now support acrylic and reveal effects.
- Proportions: It is now possible to select multiple resolutions (and more details are now shown for resolution).
- Manual focus: In the function bar you can now find the new item “Manual focus” to adjust the focus of your camera to your liking.
- The last used camera will always be remembered: If you close the app with “open” the front camera, once restarted it will open again the latter (or vice versa)
- Improvements with the brightness slider: It is now much smoother and shows the real brightness value selected to the user
- It is no longer possible to rotate the capture button between scenes (photos, videos) with the touch.
- It is now possible to use all their cameras connected in parallel (if the operating system allows) on different windows of apps. Example: I’m recording video on my camera right and I can attach a photo to my email on my camera left.
- Removed support for older devices: Needless to say, the update is not available for mobile.
The update is rolling out to Windows Insider, so make sure you’re enrolled as one to get the Insider preview version of the app. You can download the app from below: