Huawei to bring their app store and video streaming service to Europe
Over the past few years, Huawei managed to get a foothold in Europe. Now to make it stronger, they are bringing their app store and video streaming service to Europe in Q1 2018. Currently, they have made deals with 15 app and game developers and two video content provider to power their new services. Walter Ji, president of Huawei Western Europe’s mobile unit said :
The Silk Road was significant for bringing prosperity to East and West. Huawei Consumer Business Group, the world’s number three smartphone vendor, already has several million users in China and Europe. With this strong customer base we are determined to extend the legacy of the Silk Road into the digital age. We will do this by growing the European market together with partners, collaborating on AI and content first as well as extending our global reach.
Huawei has partnered up with The Milky Way and ATRESMEDIA to provide video content. Not only this but they are going to bring paid themes to the Huawei Theme Store. Some of the apps that are coming are –
- MobiSystem: The leading provider of mobile productivity and business applications will bring over 20 apps to the Huawei AppStore.
- Skoobe: A reading startup from Munich transforms smartphones and tablets into a huge entertainment library with more than 200,000 books from more than 4,800 publishers.
- VizEat: The world´s largest social eating platform, VizEat connects travelers and local hosts around the world to create authentic food experiences at their home.
- APUS Group: APUS User System automatically sorts the apps on the home screen, cleans and boosts the phone’s RAM and adds new themes and wallpapers on a monthly basis.
- NLL APPS: An indie developer that will launch three apps, including call and sound recorders.
- Goodgame Studios: A leading free-to-play, online games development company with over 300 million registered users worldwide.
- Imperia Online LTD: One of the biggest game production companies in Southeastern Europe with 24 released games that are used by more than 40 million people worldwide.
- Bigpoint & Yoozoo: The German publisher and developer is well-known for its browser games such as Farmerama, Seafight and DarkOrbit Reloaded which have hundreds of millions of players.
- Sygic: A global navigation leader in the automotive, travel and mobility industries, Sygic GPS Navigation is the world’s most advanced navigation app, trusted by more than 200 million users worldwide.
- Cliqz GmbH: Cliqz is the first browser with a built-in quick search and heuristic Anti-Tracking technology for better privacy protection.
- Tribuna Digital: Tribuna Digital brings all its apps to the Huawei AppStore to help more fans around the world stay in touch with the games, teams and leagues they love.
- Bonial.com: A leading location-based worldwide shopping platform, which allows owners to discover deals, follow favourite stores and create shopping lists.
- Vodafone Spain Foundation: A non-profit organisation aimed to promote people with disabilities, and seniors’ autonomy. EVA Facial Mouse is a free application that allows owners to control an Android device by tracking the movements of the head.
- BTC.com: A leading multi-platform Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash wallet.
- Stremio: A one-stop entertainment hub that lets people discover, organise, stream and share video content from different sources.