Now Send Money Peer-to-Peer in Facebook Messenger with PayPal
Facebook just partnered with PayPal to bring mobile payments to Facebook Messenger. Now you can send and receive money via PayPal directly through Facebook Messenger.
To quickly send or request money, you just need to tap on the blue plus icon in the chat window and then select the green Payments button. Next, select PayPal and you’ll be prompted with payment screen. It works even when you’re in a group, so you can send or request money from group members. Here’s how to use payments in Facebook:
- Open a chat with the person you want to send money to
- Click and enter the amount you want to send
- Click Next to add your debit card and then click Pay
- Open the conversation containing the money
- Click Add Debit Card in the conversation and add your debit card to receive money. Keep in mind your bank may take up to 3 business days to make the money available to you.
To facilitate payments, PayPal is also launching its own Customer Service Bot for Messenger. You can search for PayPal to access PayPal bot in messenger and process your request.
In addition to enabling P2P payments with PayPal in Messenger, we are also introducing our first-ever PayPal customer service bot for Messenger, so PayPal customers can seamlessly receive payment and account support directly in the app. This new PayPal bot for Messenger will enable people to have meaningful customer service interactions, such as resetting passwords, handling account inquiries, and helping with refunds or payment issues so we can help you get what you need and get on with your day.