Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro announced with a new neural processing unit
Today, Huawei held a special event in Munich, Germany where they unwrapped their new flagship devices. With a new design, Huawei’s Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro is also bringing new improvements to the lineup. Here are some important key points from the event –
- While Mate 10 comes with standard 16:9 Display, but the Mate 10 Pro comes with 18:9 Display.
- Rather than the usual chunky metal unibody, Huawei has shited to Glass Sandwich design for the devices.
- Kirin 970 CPU comes with a new Neural Processing Unit (NPU).
- The NPU can already do stuff like recognizing objects in pictures and open camera. It also helps in Microsoft live translation. it is also supposed to improve the performance of the devices like its previous iteration.
- Mate 10 has 3.5mm jack which is not available in Mate 10 Pro.
- However, Mate 10 has the water resistant, rated IP67.
- Fingerprint Scanner on the Mate 10 is below the display with on the back when it comes to Mate 10 Pro.
- Only Mate 10 Pro will be sold in the U.S. and UK later this year.
Let’s take a look at the specifications of both the device –
- Mate 10 comes with 16:9 Quad HD LCD panel and Mate 10 pro comes with 18:9 1080×2160 Display.
- Kirin 970 Processor with NPU.
- Dual 12+20MP Rear Camera with f/1.6 lens.
- 4/6 GB RAM.
- 4,000mAh Battery.
- EMUI 8.0 running on Android 8.0 Oreo.