Known issues in Windows 10 insider preview build 15058
Microsoft released a new build for the Windows insiders. Yes, the new Windows 10 insider build 15058 is now rolling out for the insiders. The new update is now available for fast ring insiders and you can download it right now on your devices. At the same time, this build comes out with some bugs and issues. Check them out:
KNOWN ISSUES FOR PC
- Some PCs may fail to update to Build 15002 and higher due to SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error.
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
- Issues may occur when exploring pages using the F12 Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge with cross-origin iframes (e.g. the DOM explorer shows only the iframe DOM, the Console frame selector doesn’t list the iframes, etc.).
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 devices will fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. To take a new build, remove the SD memory card. You can re-insert the SD memory card after the latest build is installed.