Compress Video File Sizes with Movavi Video Converter
When you want to transfer videos to others via email or store them on your computer you may find that their file size makes it difficult to do so. That is especially true if you have a video of an extremely high quality, and it could make it difficult to deal with.
Fortunately it is possible to reduce the file size of your videos by compressing it. While that may sound technical, if you use Movavi Video Converter it is actually fairly easy to accomplish. In fact if you want to get started you need only follow these steps:
- Add the video to Movavi Video Converter by clicking on ‘Add Media’ and then ‘Add Video’ and selecting it, or dragging and dropping it into the main window.
- Choose the format you want under the ‘Video’ tab or go to the ‘Device’ tab to select a preset for the device that you’re using.
- Click on the file size in the output information to open up a new dialog box.
- Adjust the file size slider to adjust the output file size and bitrate of the video.
- Click ‘Apply’ when you’re done and then click ‘Convert’ to convert your video.
It is worth noting that adjusting the bitrate can affect the quality of your video – so be careful when you do so. Also if you want to reduce the file size of your video you may also want to use Movavi Video Converter to reduce its resolution and frame rate.
In some cases you may not even actually need a video compressor and could instead simply cut out the important bits from your videos and save them as shorter clips. If so you’ll find that Movavi Video Converter has the features for you to do that, and you can also use it to enhance the quality of your video, insert customizable text, create animated GIFs, extract audio tracks, grab screenshots, crop or rotate the video, and much more.
Suffice to say it is up to you if you want to compress your video down to a specific file size, or pursue some other method of reducing it. At the end of the day Movavi Video Converter has so many options that you will be able to be as flexible as you want – and may even want to compress as well as trim your video in some cases.