WhatsApp Beta has received an Update and brings some new Windows 10 Mobile Features
The well known closed WhatsApp Beta for Windows Mobile has received a new Update today, or better said the WhatsApp Team has pushed out another update for the messaging client which can be downloaded from the Windows Universal App Store for participants of the Beta program.
Version 2.12.128 is now accessible in the store and along with this new version there are not only coming a few bug fixes but also new features and native Windows 10 Mobile support, however actionable notifications are not part of the update. These may be included in a later update since Microsoft has not officially released the final version of Windows 10 Mobile to the public yet.
So what’s new in this version of WhatsApp, below you can have a look at the changelog which came with the update today:
- Solved the problem of displaying wrong emoticons (now will be shown in preview properly
- Greatly improved the experience when using Windows Mobile
- New “Select messages” in the app bar conversations
- New Sound for incoming messages when using the application (from different conversations)
- The ability to activate or deactivate the Sound
- Added new option to quickly change their status
So this is what version 2.12.128 of the WhatsApp Beta brings, unfortunately the Beta is still not accessible by everyone so you will not be able to try these new features. Hopefully it will not take the WhatsApp Team too long until we can try this features also with the official version of the messaging app.
Feel free to drop me a comment below with your opinion on this and what you think, if the WhatsApp Team could be doing better with their app. Stay tuned for more information on new app updates, Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds.