Groove Music for Windows 10 receives Live Tile with latest Update
Windows 10 has been officially rolled out and with the new operating system you are not only getting a new browser called Microsoft Edge but also a new Music app which you can find in the app list as ‘Groove Music’. Previously known as Xbox Music, this app is the new Universal Music app from Microsoft which is available for Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 and the Xbox One Console.
Microsoft keeps improving their operating system and provides new updates for Windows 10 on a frequent basis, same counts for their apps which can be updated through the Universal Store app. Apart from the Groove Music App, also the Film & TV App has been updated, unfortunately Microsoft didn’t include a changelog for either one of them, however Ellen Kilbourne has posted a changelog at Microsoft’s Answer Site.
Below you can have a look at what exactly has been added to the app with the recent update:
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Check out the new app intro for first launch. It highlights key features while we assemble your music collection in the background.
- Pin your favorite albums, artists, and playlists to Start for easy access.
- Pin the app itself, and the tile will show you art and info for the current song whenever you go to Start.
- Filter your playlists to see the songs that are streaming only or are only on your currently device.
We are still working on these known issues:
- Onscreen keyboard doesn’t appear when you select the search box while in tablet mode.
- Playback pauses when you minimize the app.
So these are the new features and improvements which Microsoft as added to the Groove Music App, finally there is now a way to pin Artists and Albums to start which is very helpful if you have discovered a new band or something nd you want to listen them a few times. And of course it is cool to finally see a Live Tile also for the app from Microsoft in the world of Live Tiles, no interactive tile tough but maybe Microsoft will bring this feature with Threshold 2, we will see.
As mentioned, also the Film & TV app has received an update last night, however there has not been changed that much. Have a look at the changelog below to see exactly what’s new:
A new release is available today for the Film & TV app on Windows 10. This release (version 3.6.1239) includes minor fixes and improvements.
Feel free to drop me a comment below with your thoughts about the updated Groove Music and Film & TV App, do you think there are still missing some important features in these two apps or would you it is now okay what they are capable. Stay tuned for more information on Windows 10 and new Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds.