Telegram surely has a hard time competing against other messaging services like Whats App, Skype or Hike. This is not easy because once people are used to a messaging services they are not easy to get moved to another messaging service. I am currently experiencing the same with Telegram, only a few friends of mine moved to Telegram so far, most of them are still using Whats App. However at least they are trying to convince new users by bringing the great features also to Windows Phone.
Recently Telegram has published Version 126.96.36.199 to the Windows Phone app store and altough the ‘Beta’ still remains in the apps name there has been brought a massive list of new features and improvements with this update. Below I have listed all Improvements, New features and Bug fixes they have included in this update:
- Send all types of documents from your Phone or OneDrive storage.
- Share videos from Gallery or OneDrive.
- Save documents and videos.
- Full emoji support in chats.
- Improved chat headers.
- Improved chat settings.
- Improved forwarded messages.
- Fixed bug with key generation on sign up.
- Fixed Authorisation error 408 while scrolling chat list.
- Fixed returning to the chat list and multiple notifications.
- Fixed problem with in-app notifications from muted chats.
- Fixed problems with emoji keyboard height on some devices.
- Fixed problem with keyboard covering the input field.
So this is indeed a massive list of things which Telegram has brought to Windows Phone with this update, if you are not using Telegram yet then this would be the perfect time to switch over to this messeging service. Tough I am not sure if they will have a chance to compete against its competitors, let me know what you think about Telegram and what you think is the problem in getting people to another messaging service.
If your Windows Phone has not notified you about the update yet, just click the app logo below or scan the QR Code with Bing Vision.
Source: Windows Central