Nokia’s Connection with the Community, plus Interview with Carla Eid
Nokia Conversation have posted an article on their blog titled “How Nokia connects with its amazing community”. It includes an interesting interview with Carla Eid, Global Head of Social Engagement and Advocacy at Nokia.
The post looks at how Nokia Connects, which is now in it’s eight year, engages with the community of fans across the various social media platforms now available, and the different challenges and contests running such as “Most Valued Connector” and “The Nokia Lumia Instagramer of the Week“.
Asked how Nokia Connects engages so deeply with the community and why it is so important, Carla Eid reveals the “7 Super Rules of Engagement” which are as follows:
1. We discover and get involved in relevant conversations.
2. We reward people who create amazing things with their Nokias by showcasing and amplifying their content.
3. We give people the opportunity to test out the latest Nokia products through device trials.
4. We inspire our community to be creative with creative content and challenges on Instagram, Vine, Twitter, Facebook and Nokia Conversations.
5. We take members of the community to key events around the world such as MWC, Nokia World, CES and Social Media Week.
6. We build real relationships through years of community management on social media, telephone, email and most importantly, one-to-one!
7. We provide our community with access to Nokia employees, from R&D to Product Managers to Marketing.
The post and interview makes for interesting reading, and the point made about the Nokia community being “like no other on Earth” rings very true to me. I am fairly new to the Nokia smartphone world, getting my first one, the 5800 back in 2010 and one thing which got me so fascinated with Nokia was the community of fans, I started following some of the blogs and podcasts and before I knew it I was hooked, and couldn’t get enough of Nokia. Sure, you get fans of all sorts of products but in my experience nothing like what surrounded Nokia.
So be sure to read the whole post HERE.