T-Mobile Lumia 925 Now Receiving Windows Phone Update 3
With AT&T rolling out the Lumia Black update (which bundles Update 3 along with it), T-Mobile didn’t wanna miss out on the fun. WPCentral has reported that the Lumia 925 is now receiving Update 3. Apparently, their device did not have the Preview version that Microsoft released a little while back, so this is an actual rolled out release for the general public and not just “developers”.
- Accessibility. We’ve made several improvements for customers who are visually impaired.
- Storage. Now you can easily free up storage space on your phone and manage temporary files. New categories show what’s taking up space.
- Driving Mode. Feeling distracted behind the wheel? Driving Mode allows you to minimize incoming calls and text messages to help you focus on the road.
- Screen. Reading emails in bed? You can lock your screen orientation so it doesn’t shift when you move your phone around.
- Wi-Fi. Start preserving cellular data on your phone right out of the box—you can now connect to Wi-Fi during set up.
- Internet sharing. Now you can use your phone’s cellular data connection from your Microsoft Windows 8.1 devices by pairing them over Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth. Several fixes were made to address known issues, and improvements were made to connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
- Ringtones. Do more with ringtones now. Assign ringtones for text messages, so you’ll know who’s texting you without even looking. Use your custom ringtones for more things—text messages, instant messages, emails, voicemail, and reminders.
- App switcher. Don’t look back. Now you can use the App switcher to quickly close apps when you’re finished with them.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
To be honest, I’m a little surprised as T-Mobile hasn’t been very update friendly with Nokia or Windows Phone in the past (Nokia 5320 Nuron, C7 Astound, Lumia 710…), and while this isn’t Lumia Black, it seems reasonable that it’ll follow soon. As for the Lumia 520 0r 810, I couldn’t say whether or not these also received the update. I’m running the Preview version anyways, and I’m not sure if I can revert back… And if I can, I don’t know if I want to revert back to see if the update is available, since it doesn’t seem to give me any extra benefit to have the general release version of the update.
If you have either the Lumia 925, 810, or 520 and are not running Update 3 Developer Preview, can you confirm if your device received the update?