Photosynth is Here for Windows Phone 8 and it Brought a Contest With it!
Photosynth is here for Windows Phone 8! It was one of my favorite photo app for my WP7 devices and I was very disappointed when it wasn’t available for my Lumia 822. This app allows you to go beyond a normal Panorama app and allows you took a full 360 degree photo of an area. Sky, ground, all around you get it all in one shot! Microsoft is running a contest to celebrate and you can check out all the details below.
This month, to celebrate the launch of Photosynth for Windows Phone 8, we’re asking you to create your very own panoramic “synth” using the app. What’s awesome about Photosynth is that it goes beyond normal panorama apps and allows you to stitch together a full 360 degree image. As such, this month, we’re allowing you two methods for submitting your entries: using a standard JPG, or via a URL. Here’s an example of each.
This photograph was taken by me using a Nokia Lumia 900. I love the view from the top of my apartment, but I also love how immersive Photosynth’s panoramas can make you feel when you view them this way.
Link to interactive Photosynth photo here
You can look for the winning shots to appear on the Windows Phone Blog, the Windows Phone newsletter, as well as across our Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest channels. We will, of course, provide credit and even link to your website or blog if possible. Feel free to take a look at our previous winners: Pets, Favorite Places, Happy Holidays!, and Love.
When you send in your photos to email@example.com, please let us know which phone you took it with, which photo apps you used, and 2-3 sentences describing the photo, the story behind it, and the circumstances under which it was taken. We will be accepting Photosynth entries from all different Windows Phone platforms. Here is how to enter:
- To enter, please e-mail your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write “CHALLENGE: PHOTOSYNTH”.
- The photo you send must have been taken with (and edited, if you prefer to edit) on a Windows Phone. Please attach the original JPEG file to your e-mail, with metadata included, OR send us a Photosynth.net URL where your photo may be viewed and experienced. If the photo has been edited, please let us know which phone/apps/settings you used.
- Please name your image file using your first and last name, followed by the theme of the contest (this month it’s “Photosynth”). So, for instance, my e-mail would include a photograph named DavidChenPhotosynth.JPG or DavidChenPhotosynth.JPG.
- Please use the highest resolution possible when sending your photos.One entry per person, please.
- This challenge runs from now until 11:59 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013.
- After the contest deadline, we will look over all of your entries and choose our favorites. Entries will be judged on their creativity, resourcefulness, aesthetic beauty, and just the overall impression your photo makes on us.
- Winning entries may be posted on the blog, in our newsletter, as well as shared on our Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest pages 1-2 weeks after the contest has ended.