WordPress for Windows Phone gets an update
According to the WordPress for Windows Phone development team, the update to version 1.7 provides the following changes:
- Added support for Local Drafts
- Added support for Post Formats
- Added image positioning option
- Added compatibility for Windows Phone 8
- Now available in Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil) and Portuguese (Portugal)
- Translation updates
- Bug fixes and reliability improvements
First impressions, post update are that all looks the same with the interface, but the new additions are easy to find. We did encounter issues with a writing a test post as the main text entry window does not scroll well when more characters are entered that fit in the window. Also exiting the window in this scenario was an issue as the keyboard was not easily closed.
The Post Formats was not functional although the heading is present in the new post screen as the area beneath the heading was empty.
Also the image positioning options seems somewhat fixed with the only options we were able to find being default settings of centred or not and above or below the text for all posts.
Other than these observations the update is reliable and bug free. We see it as another step in the right direction for mobile bloggers.