Nokia City Scene for N9 gets cool update!
In case you don’t know or have never heard of Nokia city scene, let me put it to you this way: “It is Nokia Maps on steroids”
Nokia City Scene allows you to explore cities in full 3D panoramic view! Not only that, you can also navigate in real time, while observing your surroundings as you go.
Here is a list of all the improvements and features…
- Fixes the startup crash issues some users had with 2.0.4
- Navigation supported, so you can see your route on panoramas
- In selected cities, you will also get navigation directions based on store signs recognized from the environment (beginning with San Francisco and a few more will be added in coming days)
- Navigate to any of these destinations:
- business or service you’ve searched
- destination on the map
- friend’s check-in
- place you have stored as your favorite
- For a given navigation route, you can prefetch all the panoramas before starting the navigation. For example if you are connected to Wi-Fi when starting the navigation, you can reduce the amount of data traffic needed while actually walking the route.
Now just imagine if Nokia Maps + Nokia Drive + Nokia Pulse + Nokia City Scene (aka Nokia City Lens) + Nokia Transit were all integrated into one location App suite called, say for instance “Nokia Where” and was made available on Nokia WP8, that would blow you away! Nokia your move.
At the moment, Nokia City Scene covers London, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Miami, New York, Newark-Jersey City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose and Seattle with plans to expand that list further.
You can read more about the Nokia City Scene from Nokia Conversations.
If you own an N9, you can get the download from Nokia BetaLabs, as always remember to leave a feedback!