Microsft officially released the January insider slow ring update for the Office mobile apps for Windows 10 mobile devices. As expected, it comes with a lot of new changes and improvements. The update contains some new features and some significant changes as well.
The update is being available from January 11st and you can now read the change log of the update from Microsoft:
What’s new in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
New features include the following:
- Make your pictures pop: Add Shadow and Reflection to enhance pictures in your documents, workbooks, and presentations.
- Use Your pen to select and change objects: Now, you can use the Surface pen in Word to grab object handles to resize, rotate, move, and more.
- Open more files: You can now open many more types of files in Excel. For example, you can open files that contain form controls.
What’s new in OneNote
This month, we have a big update for OneNote, with many top-requested features:
- Notes with style: Keep a consistent look across your notes when you use built-in styles for headings, quotes, code, and more.
- Insert space: Your page is full of notes, but you can add extra space in the left margin or the middle of the page with the magical Insert Space tool.
- Format painter: Magically copy your bold, italic, underlined, purple, 18 point, Lucida Sans formatting from one heading to another. Think of the time you’ll save!
- Choose how you paste: When you paste, you can keep the original formatting, paste just the text, or paste as an image.
- Background pictures: Set a picture as the background of your notes so you can type right over it. This allows you to type over forms, or annotate pictures.
- Open multiple notebooks: Quickly open multiple notebooks to get to your content faster. Just tap the notebooks you want and open them all at once, rather than one-by-one.
- Show or hide authors: See other authors’ initials next to their changes in a shared workbook, or hide the initials for a cleaner look.
- To check or not to check: Turn off the Check Spelling option when you just don’t need it.
- Set your defaults: You know what you like. Pick your favorite font, size, and color to use as the default for new notes