One of the easiest ways to receive news updates are still RSS feeds. Simply subscribe to the RSS feeds from a website you like and you will be regularly updated on new topics. It’s almost like a Live Tile but for multiple websites, if you want to explain it in Windows 10 Mobile language. Nextgen Reader is pretty much the most popular RSS feed app in the Windows 10 app store and is now available for free in the next 24 hours.
While there is not an official Feedly app like on Android or iOS, Nextgen Reader is doing a pretty good job here. Normally the app is available for $1.99, so if you have been struggling with yourself whether you should by the app or not, better grab it now.
— Nextgen Reader (@ngreader) November 15, 2016
For those of you who are not familiar with Feedly, RSS Feeds or Nextgen Reader, here is a list of features from the app:
- Choose dark or light theme with multiple color accents.
- A standard 3-pane layout with full keyboard support.
- A beautiful grid layout for your touch-screen device or 2-in-1’s.
- Super fast, best-in-class, sync engine with offline support.
- Pin your favorite feeds to start from either list view or grid view.
- Set open method per feed i.e. summary/full article/webpage.
Although the app name says UWP app, UWP standing for Universal Windows Platform, which normally means that the app is available for almost all Windows platforms, this is not the case with the Nextgen Reader. So don’t be irritated by the name and search for the app on your phone because you will not find it there, Nextgen Reader is only available for free on PC’s.
If you are interested in trying the Nextgen Reader UWP app, click on the download link below. Feel free to drop us a comment below with your thoughts on this app and stay tuned for more Microsoft related news in the future.